About Jamaica Sandi
As many of you already know or will figure out very quickly, I was born & raised on the beautiful Caribbean island of Jamaica, West Indies. I migrated to New York city with my young family in 1978 to escape brewing unrest on our island, and eventually settled down living on Long Island and working in Lower Manhattan. I lived a very hectic lifestyle for almost 30 years raising my family and commuting to lower Manhattan where I worked for a prestigiuos firm on Wall Street.
As my husband prepared to retire after working for 37 years on his job, I began praying and asking God for a more fulfilling and satisfying second season of life. He led us to a very rural desert area in the West Valley of Arizona where a truly amazing journey began. As I prayed for God to use me, He opened the doors for me to become a christian yoga teacher something I never even knew existed at the time.
After graduating from Yahweh Yoga Christian Teaching Academy, Chandler, Arizona I taught for several months in my neighborhood as Yoga for the Soul. Then God began to move again in a mighty way as he led me to Glendale AZ, where I opened the first yoga studio in the West Valley of the Phoenix area that offered a Christ centered yoga practice under the name Y.O.G.A. for the Soul- Yielding On God’s Authority
This has been a blessed journey where many seeds were planted, a christian yoga community birthed, and many stories and lessons experienced. (You will be able to read more about that journey in my blogs & if you are interested you may read my testimony also).
After 7 years of driving 35 miles each way to serve the Glendale area, God is bringing me into my next season of life. My desire is to continue serving Him and You through christian yoga, so I will be offering digital classes on line, guided christian meditations & Y.O.G.A. retreats both here and abroad, but first He has called me to Rest, Refill & Reconnect.
I invite you to come alongside me on this third phase of my journey and share in the experiences and excitement.
Fun Facts about Me:
- I am an E-RYT 200 hour yoga teacher (which means I am an experienced registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance with 4000 + teaching hours)
- I am pursuing an additional 300 hours of training with Conscious Community Yoga, Tempe, Arizona to earn my E-RYT 500 hour certificate.
- The word Yoga was redefined as an acronym and given to me as a "word from God” by one of my pastors during a prayer meeting. Y.O.G.A. means Yielding On God’s Authority.
- I am a wife to my forever love, mother of two adult sons, and gumgum (grandmother - she named me) to my two grand angels.
- I love the sea, the mountains, sunrises & sunsets. My hearts desire is to hike to the Blue Mountain Peak in Jamaica very soon
- I love to write and will be sharing much of what God has & is teaching me through my blogs.
- My heart’s desire is to write daily devotions for yoga teachers & yoga practitioners based on my lessons and experiences as shown to me by the Lord.
- I am a born again believer and Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.
- I am a member of the Church at Sun Valley and currently serve in the Children’s Ministry